Sunday, August 17, 2014

Summer 2014

Pretty bummed out that summer ended already and it's a bitter sweet that school started as well. I have to say that this summer has been the most funnest of all summers of my whole life. I remember the first day of summer and I didn't realized it was till everyone was tweeting about it. I'm going to be showing you some pictures throughout my adventure of this summer. Here's the recap.
 The Hafadaze.com team for Crown's skate comp. It was some of us competing for the first time and that's including me. Haha. The day of the comp I was really nervous but I'm glad I had the experience of joining a skate comp. A week after that, I joined Opake's skate competition. I wasn't really aiming of winning, I was aiming just to have fun and that's all that matters.
Most of my days was just skating after work.







 The guys I'm majority with during the summer.
Some of the guys I skate with at Tamuning Skate Park.
Also had a little hike to a friend's pool behind his house. I got to say, it was hella dope!
The hike to the pool had some nice views and I just had to take a "hipster" photo of it.
 What's summer without a good chill at the beach with a ice cold beer?
 I don't know about you but this is one of the sexiest things to witness. That melted cheese though! #turnon
  We usually end up here at Kick/HI Guam just to chill with our friends there. Never fails just to have a good time hanging out there. "Group photo!" *End result*
 Just because I'm loving my new kicks. Pineapples =)

Another group photo.
 "Can you guys jump for this a shot?" Yayahh!

 Hot box
 Stroll patrol
"I see Jake on the road. Down to drive right next to him?" Shoot! Pretty random to see a guy sticking out a window with a camera.
 When I was asked to go to Japan with my good friends Anton from A.N. Films, Vince and with Fatlace Crew for Offset Kings Japan. I was very speechless because 1. I've never been off island before. 2. I always wanted to go to Japan. 3. I'm going to be at the mother land of JDM. 4. New adventure/experience 5. Meet my photography idols from Japan. There's a lot more reasons but I'm not going to get detailed about it.
 The first thing that came up to my head when I went inside the plane was to get this shot. I always wanted to do this.
 Anton & Vince looking at the map just to find where is our apartment located at.
Shibuya! The moment I took this, all I kept thinking was the Tokyo Drift song and the the scene where they drifted at this spot. You can't blame me for that, you'll probably do the same thing.
 I honestly didn't know what was the agenda on the first day we landed to Japan. When we stopped by to Moon Eyes, I was pretty shocked because I remember reading up about this place in the magazine few years back. I didn't expect I'll actually be here in my life.
 It was so cool that Moon Eyes had a small restaurant along the side with the shop next to it. Although we were lucky that we had the chance to go in to explore before they close for the day.
It was a pleasure meeting some of the guys from the Fatlace crew and along with The Speedhunters.
A group photo with an iphone. Photo courtesy by Kevin Carlos 
 Teru's sick Sunny Datson. I couldn't get enough of his car, crazy thing he told me that this is his daily. That's super gangsta right there, having a slammed classic ride as a daily. Respect to that! Japan does it better.
 After dinner at Moon Eyes, Teru was leading us to the Daikoku car meet hosted by Fatlace x The Speedhunters. I haven't touched the photos yet but I promise that it'll be in the blog real soon.
 On the day of Offset Kings Japan, I was told that there's other events happening. I knew about Formula D will happen so I was really stoked that was going to take some shots of it. Plus it was my first time taking photos of people drifting.

 During the staging, a lot of cars caught my attention. If you haven't seen my coverage check out Slammedenuff.com and look for Offset Kings Japan coverage.
This Lexus SC430 Soarer is one of the sickest cars at the show. Everything about this car is on point! It's also on air bags!
The team for Offset Kings Japan! Photo courtesy: Mark Arcenal
 I'm going to end this recap of my Summer right here. I've met a lot of new people and gained a lot experience in my life. Nothing but good company, good vibe, and good life! Cheers to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment